PDA

View Full Version : LJ 1320tn attention light

hirs0009
02-06-2009, 08:17 AM
I have a 1320tn which was making a loud noise from the gears connected to the main motor. I have taken the printer almost completely appart and put it back together again. Now when I turn it on the attention light flashes after it goes through its power up procedure. I have tried all the basic items HP suggested, there are no paper jams, I have tried cold resetting many times. all the doors are closed. Anyone seen something like this before or have some advise? also before it would perform its initial rotation and now it does not

prntrfxr
02-09-2009, 07:53 AM
sorry, had to rewrite this reply, cause like an idiot I didnt read your post all the way through. Ok.. Check under neath the left cover on the left side of the machine on the frame. Its called the Interlock assembly. If you took it apart and you dont get it back just right you'll have this problem. (I've done this one before, can you tell? LOL). I wanted to attach copies of the sm pages that have pictures to show what its supposed be like. This part tells the printer that the door is closed. This forum will not let me post anything large. Send me a pm here with your email and I'll email it to you Hopefully it will help you. Let me know if it fixed the problem. :)

redcow
02-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Counting from the top down, it's the 3rd light that is blinking?

If you pull out the paper tray and put paper in the manual feed tray will it print?

redcow
02-09-2009, 11:56 PM
By any chance did you replace the toner cartridge.
If the gears are all bound up, it may cause loud gear noises and
refuse to pick up paper.

hirs0009
02-11-2009, 03:26 PM
actually I do not have a toner cartridge to test with because this is a printer that one of our clients did not want anymore due to the noise it was making. It was however atleast going though its initial rotation when turning on before and now it does not just goes through the status check lights and stops on the flashing attention light

hirs0009
02-12-2009, 12:41 PM
I setup toolbox and found that it is showing that the problem is a paper jam but there are none. The error code in the event log is 40022 cant find anything on it other than its a paper jam error