PDA

View Full Version : HP 4050 does not measure correct toner from cartridges.

elrookie
01-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Hi, I have a question I hope some can help me out with. I`m checking some toner cartridges for toner on a HP LaserJet 4050. I notice when I take out the toner cartridge and Install another one the printer does not record the amount of toner from the replaced one. I know some cartridges have between 20%-85% toner but the printer does not record that on the configuration page, it still records the amount of the original one removed. How do I get the printer to record the exact amounts, I would like to check various toner cartridges for amount of toner left.

Another question is, I`m running test pages on various HP LaserJet 4050`s and the HP logo on the background sometimes comes out real nice and on some printers it comes out faded or no logo at all. How do I ajust the printers to show the watermark HP logo on the test pages.

Thanks for any help

Brian
02-04-2005, 04:17 AM
It does take a while to'recognize the correct amount of toner in a replaced cartridge.

If you've got faded print out you might need to replace the transfer roller or clean the laser unit.

ctrost
10-28-2005, 12:03 PM
It does take a while to'recognize the correct amount of toner in a replaced cartridge.

If you've got faded print out you might need to replace the transfer roller or clean the laser unit.

how does one clean the laser unit?

what happens when the transfer roller rubber is somewhat softer than normal and possibly slightly sticky?

woodss
10-30-2005, 01:54 PM
how does one clean the laser unit?
Answer: You use cotton bud dipped into camera lens cleaner and clean it across the mirror, but you leave the other parts alone they can get easily damaged.

In the HP LaserJet III and II days the mirror was outside the scanner assembly and we use to clean them with camera lens cleaner.

Usually nowadays usually take out the scanner unit and clean the mirror and this is the part that usually gets dirty, its best to leave the other parts alone to prevent damage, usally its best to use compressed air to clean the dust out.

The benefits of having a clean mirror is that you have more accurate beam to the drum, and if the mirror hole is blocked by some object the printed page has a white streak down the page.

Its my servicing policy to clean each and every scanner assembly mirror even if there isnt a problem with it, this ensures that the printer has the best print quality and the printer is also cleaned right though as well, ensuring clean pages.

what happens when the transfer roller rubber is somewhat softer than normal and possibly slightly sticky?

It degrades print quality, and sticky well the paper will either jam or leave residue and make the fuser possibly stuck as well.

Stuart.