PDA

View Full Version : Recycling Phaser Solid ink

superdairyboy
08-24-2008, 03:30 PM
We have a phaser 8550 and have some solid ink from a phaser 860. It is very evident that xerox pours the melted ink into the ink containers them come in.

What I want to do is melt the Ink I have and pour in into 8550 containers. I have found that ink melts at 70-100 Celcius. which is 150-212 F.

Has any one done this? does it work?

expodium
12-11-2008, 08:49 PM
We have a phaser 8550 and have some solid ink from a phaser 860. It is very evident that xerox pours the melted ink into the ink containers them come in.

What I want to do is melt the Ink I have and pour in into 8550 containers. I have found that ink melts at 70-100 Celcius. which is 150-212 F.

Has any one done this? does it work?

I bought a big lot of Phaser 8500 solid ink "Metered" at a ridiculous price 1 year ago and I melt it on the kitchen range and put it back in cup for Phaser 8500 Non-Metered and I never got any problem with my printer. I'm doing this since more than a year now. After it is all melted, wait a moment and when it start to fix, just spill it rapidly and the plastic cup. Do not put too much ink in the cup because you will not be able to put it in the printer slot.

Now, for solid ink from another printer model, I read somewhere that the formulation may differ from one model to another one so I'm not sure you can do it.