PDA

View Full Version : Printers on Network

smannan
01-18-2005, 08:17 AM
Hi Everyone,

I got a problem with my Printers. We have three HP printers HP 5100tn, HP 2600dn Inkjet and HP CLJ 5550dn respectively. I got an error on HP 5100tn 86.1 D06 EIO 1 Error and after that non of the printers are printing any print jobs.
All three printers are connected directly to the network points using the TCP/IP. Computers are connected to the printers via the network not with the server.

All other protocols are Disable. Can ping the printers also, but nothing is printing on all three printers. What could be the reason. I restarted the printers, remove the EIO JetDirect card and inserted again, but no luck.

Thank you for your help in advance.
Regards,

HPTECH
01-18-2005, 10:12 AM
What does the Configuration Page say about your Network Card? This info is on page 2. I would also try installing it in the EIO 2 slot.

ptjeff1
01-21-2005, 07:22 PM
I can't see that it would be possible for a defective jetdirect card on one printer to effect other printers on your network, that's why I would suspect a problem at the computer(s). You might try to re-install the TCP-IP port and the driver. Are you sharing the printers off of a server or does each workstation point directly to the printer?