PDA

View Full Version : Epson CX6600 does not print

cpechner
12-30-2007, 08:21 AM
My Epson CX6600 refuses to print in spite of new cartridges and going meticulously through all the possible causes including cleaaning heads, realigning colors, etc.
Grateful for any tips on solving this before I throw the machine away. Needless to say that even if you manage to get through to Epson servicing (Switzerland) - and their questionnaire is daunting - you will not get an answer .

redcow
01-02-2008, 12:29 AM
So, when you print, scan or copy, blank paper exits?
Can you print any reports from the printers operator panel?

You don't say what you are printing from?

And what happens when you try to print?

contink
04-11-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm probably a bit too late but just in case anyone else hits this issue.

The CX6600 is an absolute git for wasting ink on cleaning routines more than any other Epson printer I've come across.

I fitted an external waste ink tank to this unit (yes it is possible) and was amazed at just how bad it is..

Anyways, it's likely your printer is sat at the "service required" point, ie: the waste ink pads are totally gummed up and it won't print because otherwise it'll flood the room and ruin your carpet, table, etc..

If it is this then my knowledgebase article on how to fit the external waste tank may help...
http://www.continuousink.info/forum/kb.php?mode=article&k=7

This part in particular may at least prove/disprove the notion
http://www.continuousink.info/forum/kb.php?mode=article&k=7&page_num=9&start=0
.. as it resets the waste counter. If you can get that to work you MUST fit the waste ink tank or figure a way to clean out or replace the waste pads (the external tank is a LOT easier, trust me!) otherwise the thing with Noah and all his animals is headed your way.

Hope that helps anyway..

Martin

MichaelTech
04-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Ha! contik, you forgot to mention that the Epson printer is the worst piece of rip-off ever. Epson does not care, just buy, buy, buy. It is a throw-awy technology, and will go away soon.

contink
04-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Ha! contik, you forgot to mention that the Epson printer is the worst piece of rip-off ever. Epson does not care, just buy, buy, buy. It is a throw-awy technology, and will go away soon.

If you play the game Epson wrote the rules then yeah I'd definitely agree. The CX6600 was by far one of the worst/best? examples of this with a waste ink output that had my jaw on the floor when I first saw it.

It's one of the reasons I took the rule book and threw it in the nearest recycling bin.

As a result I was able to get more than four C84 to D88 models to last more than 3 years apiece, one of the C84's is into its fifth or sixth year at this moment so they heads are definitely built to last.

The whole waste ink pad thing is easy enough to fix with people like myself getting hacked off enough to be willing to sacrifice one printer for the knowledge of how to install one. I have to laugh at that actually because I found that the printers I pulled apart worked fine after I'd regained control of my temper *cue: angelic batting of eyelashes* ;)

So, really if you're prepared to do the basics of installing an external waste tank, finding a working waste counter reset util and never, ever install the ink monitor heap of junk software, you can, with the help of a decent CIS print for years and thumb your nose in Epsons direction with a big smile and a much healthier wallet.

... and don't even get me started on the environment... Gah! :mad: All that unnecessary landfill... Grrrrrrr... :(