PDA

View Full Version : HP LaserJet 4 feed problem

john_mac55
01-02-2005, 02:54 PM
My LaserJet 4 jams every time i print. When I remove the toner cart I find the paper has printed but has looped up inback of the toner cart. I have removed the exit asy and it looks good. One thing I notice is that the gear on the left side that drives the exit asy does not turn..it free wheels...so clearly not driving the exit asy. Any suggestions?

Brian
01-11-2005, 09:01 AM
It looks like one of the gears in the fuser has broken, these drive the exit roller too, so it does look like that's your problem.

ian c
01-14-2005, 08:10 AM
Hi
Brian could be right. It might also be worth checking the coupling gear that turns the fuser. It is part of the drive assembly
Ian

woodss
01-17-2005, 03:56 PM
My LaserJet 4 jams every time i print. When I remove the toner cart I find the paper has printed but has looped up inback of the toner cart. I have removed the exit asy and it looks good. One thing I notice is that the gear on the left side that drives the exit asy does not turn..it free wheels...so clearly not driving the exit asy. Any suggestions?

Does the exit rollers turn?
If it does then you have a accordian jam.

Brian and Ian your on the right track, I think also check the main gear assembly and the gears in the fuser assembly, does it turn when you use your thumb to turn the top gear?

If no replace the gears.

Stuart.