PDA

View Full Version : HP 650 C Designjet

Paul C
12-13-2004, 02:21 AM
The printer is not comunicating with the computer. I am running Windows 98 and have even tried reloading the drivers.
1. I have checked the LPT port and know it is working. It works with my cannon printer.
2. When the paper is loaded into the printer it does the self check and says "Ready to Print".
3. I have checked the cable, it works with the Cannon.
4. when I try to print a test page, the small busy light blinks once and that's all it ever does.
5. I have printed the demo color grid from the printer.
6. I have printed the internal setting page from the printer.
7. After about 10 seconds a printer folder error message comes on. ""The printer is out of Paper. Add more Paper"
8. I have tried to reload the paper several times to just come back to this same error message.
I moved the printer to a new office I was setting up. Is it possible a memory card has come loose? Is there any thing I should check internally in the printer?
Any suggestions? Or do you know of a lead to good tech support for these printers?

JeffH
07-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Paul,

I had a similar problem although it was with the network card. However, there were speed issues thru the LPTport. The problem ended up being the main logic board in the unit. Its very simple to replace. Havent had a problem since.

Jeff