PDA

View Full Version : [Problem]Continuous Paper printing

egasz
08-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi everybody, I have a problem like you can see from the title! Recently I bought an Epson Sylus Photo R220 for my everyday printing and a little bit of photografy printing every now&then but a few days ago I came up to a little project that required printing from a continuous paper feed (for those who don't know it's like those old fax thermal paper but mine it's made from normal paper) and here's the thing: if I ask for just one copy everything works like a charm, but if I ask for two or more copies the printer prints the first one and then keeps pulling the paper until it reaches the end of it, and then it gives me one of those "end of paper" warnings. So my question is, how can I put my printer printing continuously. See, this project is very important to me, and I thought about buying another printer if that's what it takes...there's a good colour inkjet Brother printer (DCP120C) at just a few bucks near my house, but that would be an alternative.... Can I put any of these 2printers (if not one of these2,then any printer) printing on a continuous feed???? Thanks in advance

MichaelTech
08-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Not sure if this unit supports this. Check the driver for paper settings.
Usually a higher end unit would be needed for this.

redcow
08-10-2007, 12:50 AM
The maximum paper size is legal.
It keeps feeding because it's looking for the trailing edge.

redcow
08-10-2007, 12:54 AM
All of the continuous paper fed printers that I've worked on used tractor feed to pull or push the paper thru the printer. We're talking MONEY here.

The other printer (Brother) got great user reviews, but it doesn't use continuous forms either.