PDA

View Full Version : Printer Drivers won't work with VISTA PLEASE HELP!!!

elbestion
06-07-2007, 01:26 AM
I am running Windows Vista Home Premium. I have a HP Printer which is a 1315 PSC All in One Printer. I went to HP and downloaded the specific drivers for it. However, when I try to actually install the drivers they don't seem to work. I get this annoying message that goes like this:
------------------------------------------------------
"Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device."

Windows Found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it

HP psc 1310 series

The class installer registry is invalid.

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software."
------------------------------------------------------

I am very frustrated with this ...could it be the drivers from HP are not fully capable of handling VISTA yet??....because i have certainly have tried every single thing out there please help me.

Well, i have a dual boot system and when i boot in Windows XP 64 bit Version, my printer works. Now when i boot in Vista the drivers i downloaded from HP don't even work. Please help.

nothing has changed except the fact that i am now using vista.

PLEASE HELP ME I AM GOING TO GO CRAZY OVER THIS!!!

redcow
06-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Welcome to the club.

Are you asking us to write printer drivers for you?
I had to abandon my HP ScanJet 4670 because they never came up with Vista drivers. I'll never buy another HP product. They don't support what they manufacture.

You've got 2 options...get rid of Vista or get a new all-in-one.

MichaelTech
06-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Try turning off any firewall/anti-virus before downloading the drivers,and leave off while installing. They may have not allowed key files.