PDA

View Full Version : HP Laserjet 4300n: JetDirct Card problems

jphillips
11-05-2004, 09:35 AM
I am getting this error: "82.0180 E10 2 Error". I then restarted the printer and it starts to load up fine, but it then gets stuck on the cartridge installing messages;then I have to restart it again. Also I took the JetDirect card out and made a secure connection, then I did a cold reset. I then turned it back on- following the directions that HP had and know there is no activity in the network card. The lights are not even on. Before they were at least lit up, but now network connection. I checked the status of on the print server and it displayed "Printer communication Error". I can't find the manual, so if anyone knows were I can download the manual would be great. I read that this certain JetDirect card are known to have network communication problems. We had this printer in the office for about two years now and this problem just arose... Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jennifer

ptjeff1
11-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Print a configuration page from the printer and check for errors on the page. Also check the IP address and subnet mask which should be printed on the config page. Then try to ping the jetdirect card. Make sure the network cable connected to the printer is good and active on your network.