PDA

View Full Version : Printer "IN" tray

1bev1
02-20-2007, 02:29 PM
I have a DeskJet 640C, and the paper is stuck in the IN tray. Every tip I've come across gives help on removing paper stuck in the rollers, but I've seen nothing on getting paper out of the IN tray. Does anyone know how to remove it? And it's impossible to pull it out--it just won't budge, and I'm afraid that if I try to pull it, I may damage my printer beyond repair. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

MichaelTech
02-20-2007, 02:45 PM
You can remove the tray by pinching the clips under the tray. Since there is no removable rear door, you can use your thumb to rotate the rollers and get the paper out.

1bev1
02-20-2007, 07:48 PM
You can remove the tray by pinching the clips under the tray. Since there is no removable rear door, you can use your thumb to rotate the rollers and get the paper out.

There's a line that Denzel Washington says to Tom Hanks in the movie "Philadelphia". He says, "Tell it to me like I was born yesterday". I'm a little lost. I can't actually get under the IN tray, so am I supposed to remove it somehow, because I don't see any clips? You don't mean under the bottom of the printer itself-- do you? (I have to admit that I did look there first, but there's nothing there.) And when I do get the IN tray out, which way do I rotate the rollers, because I've heard that they are supposed to go only one way, and that if you turn them the wrong way, you could damage your printer? Thank You Michael.