PDA

View Full Version : LaserJet 8150N distorting images

gowestover
01-31-2007, 01:18 PM
Hello,

I have an HP LaserJet 8150N that has started putting out prints that have a distorted image. It's similar to a skew, but in addition to it being very slightly crooked on the page, the margins of the image itself are not parallel to each other.

To be more specific - if you were to print an 8.5"x11" page that had a rectangle that was 7"x10", on the short side, one side would be 7" wide and the other would be 6.5", like it turns a rectangle in to a trapezoid. Does this make sense? It's like there's something wrong optically with the printer, not with the paper skewing as it proceeds through the paper path.

Any help or insight would be great!

redcow
01-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Print an Engine Test, see if the line are parallel.

The service manual doesn't list anything remotely close to your description.

gowestover
02-05-2007, 09:13 AM
I found out what the solution was on the HP support forums and thought I'd post it here.

David Zuts from the HP support forums suggested that I try either cleaning or replacing the transfer roller:

"I think I know what you are saying but lets make sure. If you print a configuration page the left margin will be fine, but the right margin will be at an angle with maybe a 1/2 margin at tip and a 1 1/2 margin at the bottom. If that is the case you will want to check the transfer roller and the black holder for it. I have seen this a couple of times and both times I had to replace both the transfer roller and the black holder. There are bushings on each side of the black holder (white or clear) and sometimes one of them falls off and the roller wiggles to much in the holder. Other times the transfer roller is just a little off and causes like a last minute skew as the paper goes by"

I'm happy to report that the solution worked. I ordered the Transfer Roller Assy. (p/n - RG9-1361-020CN) and swapped it out this morning. The printer is working perfectly now.

redcow
02-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Thanks for posting the solution!