PDA

View Full Version : HP Jetdirect 175X & HP Laserjet P2015D Problem

bmkkl
01-20-2007, 12:52 AM
I just buy a HP Jetdirect 175X external print server & HP Laserjet P2015D printer.
After setup the driver, i found that the printer is slow to start printing and after printing a few pages it come out error message.
Each time the error message is different.
If using Postscript Driver: it will come out Error: Unknown, if using PCL driver it don't come out error but the printer totally unable to print after printing of few page.
I try change to another Network port, change Network cable, change printer usb cable, reinstall driver, reset printer to factory setting, reset the print server, download latest driver from HP official web site, phone to HP technical support but none of the above steps can help me to solve the printer problem. The printer is not stable, it need about 4 minutes to start printing a pages, after printing 8 to 9 pages, printer totally no function. Any good ideas to solve this solution.

Remarks:
If connect directly the HP LJ P2015D with USB cable to PC, printing absolutely no problem, when connect to print server, problem occur.
The Jetdirect 175X unable to upgrade the firmware.
Forget to mention, the operating system is windows 2000 professional.

Thanks.

redcow
01-21-2007, 03:31 AM
When you push the test button on the 175x, does the printer print the correct info.

You might have a bad 175x.