PDA

View Full Version : LJ 4200 - Need Tray 1 Open to Print to Tray 2

Elizabeth Rose
01-18-2007, 09:42 AM
If I want to print to tray 1 and have paper loaded here, it prints normal.

If I want to print from tray 2, I must have the tray 1 door open. If I print with the tray 1 door closed and I have paper in tray 2 only, the roller in tray 1 will spin as if it wants to print from here and then I'll get a false paper jam.

Is there something that is wrong with a sensor in tray 1? Obviously, I can't see what is happening inside tray 1 when the door is closed so I have no clue what to look for.

What tells the tray that the door is closed? Could this be malfunctioning?

Thanks for the help.

Strider
01-18-2007, 12:24 PM
It does sound as if you have a problem with the paper sensor in tray 1.However,if you set tray 1 to "casette" instead of "first" it should allow you to print to cassette 2 until you can get it fixed.

Elizabeth Rose
01-18-2007, 12:49 PM
My only options for tray behavior in tray 1 are EXCLUSIVE or FIRST. I have tried both, with no results.

What tells the printer that the tray 1 door is closed?

redcow
01-21-2007, 03:35 AM
'What tells the tray that the door is closed?"

Nothing.

Is the MFT paper present flag free?

Elizabeth Rose
01-22-2007, 08:48 AM
What tells the printer that the door is closed is a little plastic protusion on the door cover that hits the sensor when the door is closed. It is broken on this printer. Replacing the door cover, which is very inexpensive and very easy, will solve this problem.

redcow
01-23-2007, 09:52 AM
There isn't any sensor that tells the printer that the MFT door is open.
I can open and close the door repeadily while printing from tray 2 or 3 and either of those trays will continue to print.

Which sensor number is it?

I believe that its ps105 that tells the ECB that paper is present. But I don't see anything in the ECB drawings that sense the open door.