PDA

View Full Version : laserjet 2550C

mexkdg
01-16-2007, 06:15 AM
Got this printer set up with a PCL6 driver on a local machine, The printer is then shared over the domain for other users to use. This printer will not work. I've had PCL5e drivers i've had universal PS drivers. Moved it's port form the dot4_001 to LTP! again nothing no prints just spits up an error in the print manager and thats it nothing else. Followed all the trouble shooting I can find and still no joy just about given it all up with the bleeding thing. Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

mexkdg
01-17-2007, 02:42 AM
had another look at the printer today. The hardware itself is ok well appears to be will print a test page from itself and has a steady green light. Should I be looking at the ports on this? cheerrs for any help in advance

regards,
Kdg

redcow
01-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Is the LPT cable good. What's the OS. and have you tried a laptop to install it on.

It won't print from the local printer?
On the config page - what's the status of the network card. Is ity shared over the network through the local printer or is there a RJ45 connection to the outside?

I know I'm rambling but thats because I haven't got a clue either and maybe something I mentioned will trigger an idea.