PDA

View Full Version : HP 4050N, constantly paper jammed upon entering fuser assemly

john tonelete
01-08-2007, 11:28 PM
I got a problem regarding our HP laserjet 4050n, the paper got stuck when entering the fuser assembly. I checked the fuser assembly i saw the pressure roller (orange color) is wrinkled all around it, can this contribute to the problem?

Many Thnx.
john

MichaelTech
01-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Assuredly, it is the cause of wrinkling, and jamming.
Is there paper in the tray starting to go into the printer?
Could be a paper feed assy. wearing out if this is so.
Do replace the fuser.

pablonm
01-24-2007, 04:24 PM
I have found that the paper pick up rollers account for the largest number of paper jams at the fuser.

What is your page count? Have you exceeded 200,000 pages since your last maintenance kit.

A maintenance kit will replace your paper pick up rollers, and your fuser and should solve your problems.

gowestover
01-31-2007, 01:25 PM
If you looked at the fuser and the orange roller is wrinkled, then you have a big problem with the fuser. Moreover, if the paper is consistently getting to the fuser and then jamming, that's a pretty major indication that the problem is with the fuser. I'm 99% confident that this is your problem and a fuser replacement will take care of it.

Have you done any maintenance on the printer recently? If it's been awhile since you've serviced this printer, then don't just get a fuser - go ahead and order a maintenance kit, which will include the fuser, transfer roller, and a number of paper rollers. That's your best bang for the buck.

woodss
02-11-2007, 01:07 AM
while your at it, check the gear train assembly, making sure that its alright and then give the printer insides a good blast with compressed air, in a can or by a air compressor.

Strider
02-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Most experienced techs recommend against using compressed air to clean a printer.It blows toner into every nook and cranny.Can cause problems with sensors,mirrors and lenses and can cause arcing in any electric or electronic parts.

redcow
02-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Not to mention the people working in the office.

woodss
02-18-2007, 11:43 AM
well it has not given me any problems, I prefer using that instead of a vacuum cleaner.

never gave me any problems, and I blow toner off the eletronics before turning on the printer to prevent arcing.

When I use a compressor, I remove the scanner assembly, formatter etc.

In my opinion it makes the sensors work much better, because the dust and toner have left the sensor and makes them run more freely.

This is the result of a air compressor cleaning my personal 4050N.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/woodss/4050n.jpg