PDA

View Full Version : hp laserjet 4100n display issues

cpuwizzard
12-31-2006, 05:35 PM
I purchased several hp laserjet 4100n printers and all the printers are missing the rom and the memory. The printer does not have any display. Does it have to have the rom to have a display?

Thanks
Mark

woodss
01-01-2007, 10:51 AM
do they perform a engine test first of all? if they can then the printer engine is fine.

If thats the case then there is a issue with the formatter or display panel themselves a good way to test that theory is to send a print job to the printer the printer will still accept a Job to it, regardless if the formatter is functioning.

If printer does not do any of the above then you have a issue with an assembly or the Engine Controller Assembly, to replace this board is very expensive exercise, do the printer have signs of life such as do you hear the fan and does the output assembly rollers rotate, if they do then the printer gear train and main is functioning.

Hint: If you hear a fan working then the DC power is operational.

the display panel and formatter can be out of the printer, the printer will still do a engine test even if the formatter is out from which the display panel is connected from.

Strider
01-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Mark,
The firmware DIMM is the DIMM that goes in the lowest memory card slot.It is needed to run the machine.
Good luck,
Mark

cpuwizzard
01-07-2007, 07:19 PM
thank you for your help. That is good to know. I will start looking for somewhere to buy the rom dimm's.

Thanks
Mark

woodss
01-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Mark,
The firmware DIMM is the DIMM that goes in the lowest memory card slot.It is needed to run the machine.
Good luck,
Mark

Yeah put them inside the printer, but it should read on the control panel asking for those two items, I really think he should do a engine test to make sure the printer engines work.

cpuwizzard
01-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Powered units up all fans spin and can hear the unit going thru the motions.
thanks
cpuwizzard

woodss
01-11-2007, 12:54 AM
now get a pen and poke a pen into the little hole.