PDA

View Full Version : LJ 4050 service mode

kusp
10-28-2004, 11:34 AM
Our IT support outfit recommended we buy a PrinterTechs maintenance kit for our LaserJet 4050 when we got a 50.2 "fuser error" message. We did, we put in the fuser (and the other parts), powered up... the error message is still there. When I tried to enter service mode to see if I could clear the error message, the printer starts to initialize right after I hit the "select" key (and get the "service mode" message). I can't get to the "service menu" prompt the instructions suggest I would see after pressing the "menu" key a second time. What should I be doing?

ptjeff1
11-02-2004, 01:35 PM
You said that "we put in the fuser (and the other parts), powered up... the error message is still there". What error message? The 50.2 error?

Entering service mode will only help clear the Perform Maintenance message that flashes when you reach the maintenance interval. It won't clear a 50.2 error.

If you had a 50.2 error message, changed the fuser and still had a 50.2 error, you most likely have a bad DC-Controller board and you'll need to have the printer serviced to have that board replaced. It requires quite a bit of dissassembly. Any 50.x error is almost always a fuser problem, but on rare occasions it can be a DC-Controller.