PDA

View Full Version : Hp 4250n

jdsm48
12-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Jams after being "idle" for 20 minutes. (from tray 2), When "warm" runs
excellent. Rollers were recently replaced by another vendor, and have
had this problem since. I cleaned rollers in tray 2 area, and it worked
fine after being "idle" for the normal time it would jam.Possibility of
"low grade" rollers, anybody ever had this problem?
Thanks

MichaelTech
12-19-2006, 02:00 PM
possibly using rollers for the 4100, or the 4300 series. All take different rollers.
Tray 2 roller, feed roller, need to be for this unit. And p\u "D" rollers are the same for all. The torque limiter may be slipping, or bad. Sits on tray2 shaft to right of the roller.

woodss
12-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Something has been mis aligned, for rollers for not being installed properly, please check the installtion of the rollers.

It is possible for the technician being a incomptent and cost cutting, he could have used roller conditioner from some website in california and used that on these rollers, it is possible for this technician to have used worn rollers and use that for your printer, along with aftermarket rollers.

Some technicians dont replace the torque limiter, they just use lubrication to do it, or sometimes pop them open to remove shavings from it, to me this is only doing a bandaid job, and I certainly not recommend it.

Using these procedures is just band aid jobs and it does not address the true issue, its best to replace the worn part.

I agree for what MichaelTech has said, I believe his advice is very much on the money.