PDA

View Full Version : Clj 4600 Flimsy Fuser Ends??

nesquick97
12-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Hello,

I work for Tech Srvs for a school district and we have about 12 of these printers in our district. I have had to replace the fuser ends on half of them because the tabs that hold on the "paper exit bar" keep breaking off. Tabs break, bar comes off, printer jams. I did find a local place that just sells the end pieces ($28 for the set). Price is high, but cheaper than new fuser unit. I figure that since they just sell the end pieces that it is a common problem? I was wondering if this is a bad design, or are the printers getting too hard of use? Anyone else experience this sort of thing with this model of printer?

Thanks

redcow
12-19-2006, 12:57 AM
No, I have seen just about every other problem with the 4600, but nothing with the fuser ends or anything else with the fuser.

MichaelTech
12-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Yes, this is a very flimsy design, and the warning is very clear on the fuser.
DO NOT GRAB IN THE MIDDLE for this very reason. I think that maybe someone gets a paper jam, and may be grabbing it wrong, thus breaking the bar. Post a note on the printers, and this might cease. There are release tabs to use to get jammed paper out of the fuser. Instruction is a good thing.:cool: