PDA

View Full Version : Laserjet 2200DN - Flashing amber light

gowestover
12-13-2006, 11:30 AM
Hello,

We have a Laserjet 2200DN that stays at the steady flashing amber light.

What happened was - there was a problem with the fuser (gears grinding badly - printer jammed) - I ordered a Maint. Kit and installed it. When we started it back up, it power cycles and gears turn, but it always goes to the steady flashing amber light.

I've already tried doing the Cold Reset and NVRAM reset, but that didn't solve it. I took everything in the Maint. Kit back out again and looked at everything, but didn't see anything out of place.

If anyone could give me some help, that would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Strider
12-13-2006, 11:51 AM
First,press go to try to recover from the error.If this doesn't work,then press go and job cancel at the same time.This will bring up the secondary error code.Post back on which lights are on or flashing.By the way,your error is a continuable error and not a fatal error.It could be anything from an open door to a missing cartridge to a stuck switch actuator.

techguy69
12-14-2006, 08:18 AM
I have the same issue. Installed a mainenance kit in a hp laserjet 2200 and all i get is a amber flashing light.. Itried pressing go and cacel at the same time ....nothing happens

leah
12-19-2006, 12:48 PM
The flashing amber light means the printer has one of many errors. The most common is the sensor flags in the trays. You probably replaced the roller in the tray and did not reconnect it properly to the sensor. Take a look at the roller and right next to it you see a plastic piece that hangs down. That piece should be able to move freely or something is installed wrong.

woodss
12-20-2006, 11:26 AM
it sounds like the fuser needs to be reinstalled and secured, it also sounds like that the gears are not properly meshing with the gear train as well, reinstall the fuser assembly, push it in all the way in and secure it with screws and also reinstall the back sensors and also secure them with screws, take in account what leah said, those sensors are tricky to put back on, make sure they are running freely.

make sure too there is no paper in the paper path.

Strider
12-20-2006, 03:47 PM
I'll be happy to help anyone who posts back with a secondary error code.Without it everone is just guessing.

woodss
12-21-2006, 08:28 AM
I'll be happy to help anyone who posts back with a secondary error code.Without it everone is just guessing.

there wouldnt be any secondary error code if the amber light is just blinking.

the lights will have to be all lit and the two buttons pressed together.

my money is on a jammed paper or stuck sensor flag or both, please check your printer for jammed paper in duplexer as well as well as inside please pay attendtion to us please, you asked us a question and you dont like it, I am telling you that its a jam or a stuck sensor inside the printer, I take printer repairs very serious and most of us do son as well.

I doubt there is a problem with printer hardware, we are not guessing we are correct.

I strongly believe its a piece of scrap paper on a sensor, thats not the first time that happend in fact thats very common, or the fuser has not been installed properly for the gearing system of the printer to not mesh with the gears that is also common among with inexperienced people, hence about the grinding noises, a grinding noise is almost always a problem with gears.

Strider
12-21-2006, 01:39 PM
Woods,
I agree with you about the probabvle causes of their problems.However,there is indeed a secondary error code for continuable errors.Check your manual.

woodss
12-22-2006, 07:16 AM
Woods,
I agree with you about the probabvle causes of their problems.However,there is indeed a secondary error code for continuable errors.Check your manual.

Of course there is secondary error codes for those of errors but it relates to the fuser, scanner unit, formatter problems, if he wants to find out, he can have them tested in working printer.

I am not disputing you, where in the service manual do you want me to check.
He could even try doing a engine test, to elimnate the formatter being a problem.

well I have looked in the service manual, there is a 41.x error, thats a temporay engine error.

My question is: is there any paper feeding into the printer?
I strongly think he should take out the formatter and execute a engine test, if there is still no paper feeding into the printer then there is a problem within the engine.

Its a paper feed problem, thats what I think.

Strider
12-22-2006, 07:39 AM
Pages 184 through 187.

woodss
12-22-2006, 11:13 AM
Pages 184 through 187.

i read the pages and found that blinking amber can be also a NVRAM problem which is within the formatter, thats one of the reasons i suggest the engine test.

if the engine test is successful then its the forrmatter at fault.

Strider
01-16-2007, 03:00 PM
I believe in taking the simplest possible route to finding printer problems.One of the ways to do this is to get all the info that a user can give you before you attempt a repair.The secondary error code for a continuable error will help any good tech to find what is wrong.Rather than telling a user that they need to spend their time and possibly hundreds of dollars in parts to diagnose their printers,I prefer to figure out at least what general area the problem is in before I give repair advice.