PDA

View Full Version : "Ghost" images 2100M

tlam
12-10-2006, 06:15 PM
I am using a Laserjet 2100M for music notation with a dual-core Mac G5. My prontouts are full of 'ghost' images from the same documents. Have followed the HP cleaning protocols, no joy. Any suggestions?

Thanks, tlam

Phil S
12-11-2006, 10:16 AM
Use the half test (below) to help determine where your problem arises from. Ghosting is either the toner cartridge or the fuser.

Use your MP Tray (multi-purpose) as a paper source. (It's easier)

Lift the top cover open to stop the print just as the end of the paper disappears into the printer. (this stops the paper before getting to the fusing area.)

Remove the toner cartridge.

Inspect the print. (the toner will NOT be fused to the paper)

If the ghosting is there on the paper, it's your toner cartridge. If it is not, then it is your fuser.

Regards,
Phil

Manuals
12-11-2006, 11:58 AM
That is all true about the toner cartridge, but if its not that then there are underlying problems with the printer itself. most likely the DC controller. Also you could make sure the contacts on the toner cart. are clean and the same with the contacts on the printer side, you can clean them with alcohol and a dry cloth. There are a host of other solutions in the service manual.

Paul@justmanuals.com

Strider
12-11-2006, 02:25 PM
I've fixed a lot of these,and I agree with Phil that the fuser is much more likely to be the problem(if its not the cartridge).Ive only replaced one DC controller on one of these and it was for a different problem.

woodss
12-12-2006, 12:19 AM
it is very rare to have a DC controller to cause that problem, its nearly always a fuser or drum having a worn wiper.

i never seen a dc controller to cause that problem.

it could be the scanner assembly but that always fires once.

my money is on the toner cartridge.