PDA

View Full Version : Laserjet 4100n - error 50.2

Scline30
11-29-2006, 11:31 AM
:( I ordered the maint. kit from printertech.com and replaced fuser in Jan. I checked to make sure all connections are tight, no broken teeth. I'm hesitant to replace fuser core again, because that might not solve the problem, any ideas? Someone suggested the main board replacement, but it's expensive, is it worth it?

Phil S
11-29-2006, 12:37 PM
Copy and Paste this link...may be of some help to you.

Regards,
Phil

http://www4.itrc.hp.com/service/james/search.do?todo=search&searchtext=error+50.2+&from=bsdforums&submit.x=6&origin=0&wpa=forums1.itrc.hp.com%3A80&submit.y=8&searchcategory=ALL&hpl=1&searchcriteria=allwords&rn=25&source=7000&presort=rank&chkServStor=on&esc=europe.support.itrc.hp.com&admit=-938907319+1164825275426+28353475

Scline30
11-29-2006, 02:10 PM
I had tried most of the suggestions there, but thanks. I think we're going to go for a new or refurbished printer. It's had a lot of problems with other things as well. It quit feeding out of the paper tray awhile back, although I replaced rollers, etc. when I received the maint. kit. At some point you have to cut your losses.

Strider
11-29-2006, 03:21 PM
The 50.2 error means that the fuser didn't warm up on time.This can sometimes be caused by low voltage problems.If you're plugged into a surge suppressor or a power strip,try plugging it straight into a wall socket.(remember to leave it turned off for 20 min. to let the error code reset)When it starts warming up give it a few seconds,then turn it off and back on.This will let it warm up some so that the warmup starts at a higher temp.If you still get the code,then you probably need a new fuser.Aftermarket fusers vary wildly in quality and it may be that you got one that just didn't last.I hope that some of this info will be useful to you.Good luck.

ptjeff1
12-01-2006, 09:48 AM
We see this problem occasionally and we have created a page for it http://www.printertechs.com/tech/loosefusertabs.php . It’s very rare that a 50.2 error on the laserjet 4000/4050/4100 is not caused by one of the connectors in the above link being partially unplugged. We would be more than happy to trouble-shoot over the phone if you want to call us. Strider’s advice is good. Make sure you aren’t plugged into an uninterruptible power supply; occasionally this could be a problem in the LV power supply in the printer.