PDA

View Full Version : Accessing HP 8150 service menu not functioning

patty
11-15-2006, 02:44 AM
Following the steps outlined on printertechs.com to access the service menu for the above printer does not work. The display goes blank after holding cancel and select, then when pressing menu and select the printer display shows a series of **** on the display and then just starts normally. Then when pressing menu the servie menu is not in the menu.

Any Ideas? I just want to reset the service count.

Regards

Rose
11-15-2006, 09:41 AM
I did not look to see what PrinterTechs' directions were, but here is another site's directions to try. Good luck!;)

HP 8000/8100/8150 Printers:

Press the MENU button until the display reads CONFIGURATION MENU
Press the ITEM button until the display reads SERVICE MESSAGE = ON/OFF
Select OFF*
Press SELECT to save
Turn printer off
Hold the VALUE MINUS and ITEM MINUS buttons while turning the printer back on Hold buttons down until display reads RESET MAINT/COUNTand then release both buttons

ptjeff1
11-17-2006, 10:01 AM
I think there may be a confusion between entering service mode and resetting the maintenance count. You don't need to enter service mode to reset the maintenance count. Simply enter the Configuration Menu and set the SERVICE MESSAGE = to OFF to clear the PERFORM PRINTER MAINTENANCE message. If this does not work, you can enter service mode to manually reset the maintenance count.