PDA

View Full Version : Tray selection problem with HP4350dtn

broondog
11-10-2006, 04:47 AM
We have several word documents that select different printer trays for different pages (eg first page is headed paper in tray 2, the rest plain from tray 3)

I have installed a new HP4350dtn printer that ignores these preferences and sets everything to "Automatically Select", whereas the old printer selects the correct trays when you check using Page Setup.

I'm sure I'm just missing a setting somewhere but I can't work out which one. can someone help please. :confused:

Thanks in advance,
Steve.

redcow
11-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Where are you making the settings from?
It can't be done from the console screen. It must be done from "menu".

broondog
11-13-2006, 03:32 AM
The settings are coming from the documents.

Steve.

Strider
11-13-2006, 12:24 PM
I think you misunderstood Redcow's advice.
1)print out a configuration page from a printer that works the way you want it to.
2)print one out from your problem printer.
3)from the problem printer,change all settings to match the "good"printer.
4)that means from the control panel on the actual printer,not a driver setting.

broondog
11-16-2006, 02:52 AM
I've tried that and the settings are exactly the same, thats why I misunderstood. That was one of the first things I tried, so I wondered if there are any other things to try.

Thanks,
Steve.

MichaelTech
11-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Obviously networked unit, so, check all users for driver installations. They should not have any. Only a mapped connection to the printer on the server.
Settings on the printer should be locked out by password so no user can walk up and make any changes. Apps may be set to print differently on each users pc's, and may be causing the problem.
Also, programs can over-ride driver settings.