PDA

View Full Version : Collating Pages on an HP LaserJet 5100

TSP
10-16-2006, 03:57 PM
I have an HP LaserJet 5100 that is installed on a Windows Server 2003 box. When I print multiple copies of documents, it prints all of page 1, then all of page 2, and so on and so forth. I looked throught all of the settings on the printer, and also tried a different version of driver.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

stevenguard
12-14-2006, 06:51 AM
We had the same problem with a variety of newer printers printing to Netware print queues.

The only way we could get round it was to assigned the printer an ip address or Hostname with DHCP and then set the local PC's to print to a standard IP port. Note. their is a restriction of 15 characters on a local ip port address in windows printing.

You get no queueing but everything works OK.

We contacted HP and still have an open call with them (2 years later) for a resolution.

They said that it is something to do with the Print job coming from the PC to a third party print provider, ie netware or windows server. Apparently not all the information (such as collate) is transfered via the windows print system to other print servers.

Consequently HP say it is not their problem as the driver sends the info.

MichaelTech
12-18-2006, 09:42 AM
You might try more memory, as the entire job needs to be collected so you get each page printed in numbered order. Also, if using the 620n JetDirect card, it might be the glitch, they can be the real culprit. Get the 625n. it is a gigabit NIC.