PDA

View Full Version : Laserjet 4 Jam out of fuser

n41076jem
10-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Hi

I have4 an Laserjet 4, just rebuilt paper path. Paper was according on out put from fuser.

I now have a new problem: Paperstarts to exit fuser, only an inch sicking out and display reports paper jam.

I have not seen this propblem before. Does anyone have any ideas?

Jim Moore

redcow
10-21-2006, 03:57 AM
pull the fuser out.
Sounds like one of the flags is jammed

n41076jem
10-23-2006, 03:34 PM
This happened after I replaced the exit path rollers, and replaced the pickup roll and page seperater. I was getting the accordin paper jam.

I talked to the guy that sold me the rebuild kit. He thought the fuser and need to be rebuilt. So I replace the gears in fuser and the motor gears that driver the fuser. I have no chnage in the propblem

For the life of me I can not figure this one out. I really like this printer I do not want to replace it

jim

n41076jem@yahoo.com

new hp user
10-24-2006, 02:59 AM
I am not a big computor person, just learning. MY HP Deskjet D1320 is stuck on pause. Anyone know how to get it off?

MichaelTech
10-24-2006, 01:50 PM
You say you repaired, or replaced the drive unit? Do you get a 13,x error or a 50 error? Did you rebuild the fuser? New Thermistor, Thermoswitch, lamps?
Check the white gear on the exit assy. and the drive gear for missing teeth.

BRAD ROOPE
01-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Hello,

My problem with the HP4V is that after 30 minutes the printer shuts down the a 50 error. Waiting an hour or so the PC will start up again and do the same thing.
Does this sound like heat issue with the Fuser? or we lookingat the DC controller,
Formatter or Laser Assy?

I do not want to invest buy all of the boards, What do toy think is a logical place to start and what test should I perform.

Brad

redcow
01-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Replace the fuser

joxley
01-02-2008, 07:34 AM
Pull the fuser out and check they main gear assy. on the left side rear of the printer make sure the gear that drives the fuser is intact. there is a history of the main gear assy. breaking into pieces. Once the gear gets to the broken teeth, you will experience the same issues.

Strider
01-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Like an earlier poster said,your problem is a flag in the fuser.The exit switch(flag) in this model is known for sticking,especially after the fuser is changed.Open the rear door and look for a black plastic flag above the fuser.Pull it loose and you should be good to go.