PDA

View Full Version : Inkjet or Laser printer for this task....

cardmaster83
10-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Hi everyone,

I came across this site googling for an answer to my conundrum. I know nothing about printers. :( What I do know is that I need a printer, just not sure what kind.... I understand that there are Inkjet and Laser printers. It also appears that Inkjet printers, on average, go for a lot less. I'm not sure what kind I need for my task.

What I need is a color printer that can reproduce EXTREMELY fine dots and lines of my artwork (I use very fine-tipped Micron pens). I also need it to be able to reproduce tiny, lightly colored background details as well as possible. I won't be using it for reproducing photos or anything else. I also won't be doing a very large workload with it so I don't need a "mass production" printer, just one that does the above. Also hopefully no more than like 500 bucks or so, if possible. Any suggestions about whether I need a laser printer or an Inkjet for this (even specific models) are very much appreciated.

Thank you so much,

Mike

Strider
10-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Anyone on this site who understands the requirements of what you were requesting,knows that you are asking for champagne on a beer budget.They also know that you can't directly print an image drawn on paper.Since that is basic information for anyone in the imaging business,perhaps no one answered because they didn't want to embarass you by pointing any of this things out.

michael&love
10-06-2006, 02:49 AM
I think you are greenhorn in printers,but i think all friends in this site will help you later if you keep a great temper.our company manufacture the compatible ink cartridges,if i can do something for you,please contact with me .goodinkjet2006@yahoo.com

Michael

cheapread
10-06-2006, 04:45 AM
_ Yep printers and Help on same is a frustrating business - so let it all out.....

and then go and buy an Inkjet printer for the purposes that you mentioned -
HP Epson Canon .... all jokers but I'd be more inclined to Canon - a bit more honest in my experience as a printer engineer with 20yrs of SCREAMING !!
best of luck:)

Weston
10-06-2006, 05:32 PM
_ Yep printers and Help on same is a frustrating business - so let it all out..... and then go and buy an Inkjet printer for the purposes that you mentioned - HP Epson Canon .... all jokers but I'd be more inclined to Canon - a bit more honest in my experience as a printer engineer with 20yrs of SCREAMING !! best of luck:)

I'm new here and haven't searched the messages, but the question of laser vs. inkjet is one I'll be thinking about, too, if I find I have to replace my LaserJet4 Plus. Because in 12 years, the inkjet appears to have come a very long way-- back then, it was no contest at all. It was my vague understanding that for lasers, HP, and for inkjet, Epson.