PDA

View Full Version : HP CLJ 4550 fading black problem

mbpolak
10-03-2006, 05:54 AM
Hi,
I wa this problem with my HP CLJ 4550 printer. It has a fading black problem. The black is sometimes missing on a printed page. On the left side of the pages it is always ok. On the right side of the page almost no black. From the left to the right the black is fading gradually. It happens with printed pages from a software program on my pc. It also happens with the "selftest / menu print out" on the printer. Like font printout, menu printout, usage printout, engine test also. Sometimes there is no problem at all, soemtimes the black is fading. When it happens (or not) seems to be random. I already changed the black toner (was 6% left) for a (almost) new one (70% left). No succes. I tried shaking the toner. No succes. On one or two pages (on total of 100 ?) I ever saw one of the other colours was ever fading a bit. For the rest all coulour prints are just fine.
Who can assist?
thanks
marco

jtrotier
10-03-2006, 04:45 PM
You may have a partially failing carousel drive assembly. See page 187 in the manual on how to replace.

MichaelTech
10-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Carousel is a BIG project! Try the Developer PCB first.RG5-5180
Take off Top cover, it is on the back right, in front of fan.

mwmartin
04-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Did you ever follow through with these options? I would like a fix to the same problem for less than $200 of possible, the rg5-5180 pc board is available for 85.00...

vapour
04-09-2007, 06:56 PM
your problem with the black toner is one of the two springs in the corners of the carasoul were the cart seats it is bent or missing you must remove the cart and you will see the springs at the ends of the carasoul wall