PDA

View Full Version : LaserJet 6P Help!!!

mrk127
09-27-2006, 09:43 AM
I know I probably sound like an idiot, and I didn't know any better because I've done this before without any problem, but I used WD40 to fix a squeaking wheel in my LaserJet 6P printer. I've never had any issues with that but this time I can't fix it! I don't know much about printers or anything technical and I found this website, praying that someone can help. I've cleaned everything in my printer hoping to fix the problem to no avail. My printer is now printing pages with the toner smeared or smudged or in some places skipping. It is only on one side of the page (the side closest to the wheel that I greased) but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to undo what I did. Can anyone help? :confused:

Wurzel.D
09-28-2006, 04:49 AM
For starters you might want to take the roller you greased out of the printer and replace it with a new one. Before you fit the new one wipe the rail it fits on down with kitchen roll or strong tissue, this will mop up the excess grease. If the smudging is realy bad all the rollers may need to be changed, bearing in mind that the printer is 6 years old they may all need changing anyway! Unfortunatly if you realy over greased it with the WD the fuser and drum kit may also be affected. If they have it may be quite costly as trying to clean these units isnt adviseable due to the nature of their opperation (and considerable warnings on the packaging about not touching the drum and other parts that touch the paper). Hope this was some help!!!!!:)