PDA

View Full Version : HP 8150TN Wrinkling Envelopes Manual Tray

hraTRAV
09-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Small problem with just manual tray (do not have an envelope feeder) and envelopes. It wrinkles the end of the envelopes - I can see this is happening somewhere BETWEEN the pickup roller and the Toner cartridge (I believe it is right before the Toner Cartridge.

Because of ink smearing, and the wrinkled envelopes I have replaced the fuser, all the rollers, the transfer roller, and before replacing everything I made sure everything was spotless and didn't have any gunk, dirt, or build up.

It seems to me the envelopes, once they hit the transfer roller there is a slight pause in feeding, creating a small "bow" in the envelope, then it pulls it on through but that's when it crinkles the end of the envelope.

I haven't replaced the toner cartridge as it only has about 2800 clicks on it. Could it possibly be the toner cartridge - that's kind of an expensive fix...could it be something else?

jtrotier
10-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Open the back door of the printer and try flipping up the two green levers on the fuser that are marked with a symbol of an envelope. Now try to print.

Rusty
10-12-2006, 11:33 PM
if this issue is caused by the transfer roller (it is ment to bow the paper to make shure on strate feeding) try changing envelopes to another brand (cheapest option) on failing that if you are shure its not the fuser replace drum cart