PDA

View Full Version : Laser Jet 8550GN continual paper jams (top output bin)

Wurzel.D
09-20-2006, 06:58 AM
These 8550s seem to be no end of trouble at the moment! Every second page that goes through the machine jams as its about to come out of the top paper output. Trying to print to the left output bin would solve the problem but it would take far to long to set up 300 computers to do this!!! Not to mention the inconvenience of having to bend down to the floor to get the print outs. The jams are relatively easy to clear but the warm up after every time it jams is the real pain in the butt! Anyone got a suggestion? :confused:

MichaelTech
09-20-2006, 05:51 PM
There is a tray that fits on the lower output that should have come with the unit. A mailbox can be added to accomplish this, with each job going to an assigned tray. Check PartSurfer for PN's.
To address the jam issue, the output rollers are probably well worn, and the exit assy. should be replaced.
Multi-bin - C4785A Exit assy. - RG0-0110 Face-up Tray - RB1-6491

Must have the 2000 feeder for the Multi-bin.

MichaelTech
10-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Why the thumb down? Is it on me, or the posters feeling of his problem?
I have given him the best info you could get, and he can affect the repairs needed.:cool:

Wurzel.D
10-16-2006, 07:33 AM
I think my boss might have done this when i left my office to do something. We had a little dissagrement on this issue with the jams in the top tray. He wasnt prepared to pay for a new top output so he's gone and removed all the rollers bar one. I dont realy think this is the right way to go about things even if it did stop jamming, the rollers are there for a reason right???????????
Anyways just to let you know your help was perfectly sound, THANKS!!!!:)