PDA

View Full Version : HP laserjet 4350

glocke
09-13-2006, 02:37 PM
This may be more of a computer software problem than a printer problem; however, maybe someone out there has a solution. I'm the administrator for some 30 public (student) computers and several network printers, including a HP lj 4350 with duplexing capabilities, in an Army Education Center. The computers are all Gateway 4300E's running Windows XP w/SP2. Fourteen of the Gateways are linked to the 4350. At one of the Gateway workstations when duplexing is required the page is printed on one side, but when it is pulled back into the printer for duplexing the reverse side come out blank. This problem is occuring on only one of the computers linked to the 4350; moreover, until just recently, that computer's duplexing option worked perfectly, which makes me think that it's computer glitch and not the printer, but I haven't been able to find the glitch.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the printer at the computer (three times), with the most current drivers from HP. and I've gone into the printer properties to made sure that duplexing is installed and enabled (Device Settings>Installable Options).

Well, that's my tale of woe. If anyone has a suggestion as to how this issue might be resolved, I would surely appreciate the help.:)

Thanks in advance

AprinterTek
09-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Please check on the printer control panel on the printer, Configure-Device scroll down to PRINTING then to DUPLEX and see if it is *OFF, this is the default setting. Change to *ON. Back out of the menu and try to print a 2 sided print job.

hope this helps

glocke
09-14-2006, 10:17 AM
AprinterTek,

Thanks for the suggestion, but it did not resolve the problem. I checked at the printer control panel; duplexing is "ON." I switched it off, then back on, but still it will not duplex from the one computer. As I mentioned earlier the other 13 computers linked to the printer will duplex perfectly. So, I think the glitch is really on the computer side. I just have to find it.

Thanks again for your help.

shticky
09-14-2006, 04:31 PM
I've had tons of strange errors like yours in the past. Try completely uninstalling that printer then reinstall it using a different driver, PS or PCLx than what it was using originally.

Hope this helps.