PDA

View Full Version : HP laserjet4100 -- Output bin problem

morock
09-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to resolve an issue that has come up on my printer. The error message is states: Output bin a problem, clear paper in output bin.

I have searched HP's site and to no avail is there a reseonable answer. I check some other site and it said the photosensor or output senor may be old or moved.

Has anyone come across this problem? Any ideas?
thanks

shticky
09-14-2006, 04:46 PM
is it preventing paper from passing through it or will it just not process a print job at all?

shticky
09-14-2006, 04:51 PM
can you post the exact line from the error log that contains the error number and description? I can't find anything in the service manual about an output bin error other than it's full and needs to be emptied.

chetan
09-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Hi !
You are right, this error indicated that the output bin is full and it has to be empty. If it's pops up when the output bin is already empty, you need to check the output bin sensor flag which is located on the top of the printer on the left side where the paper comes out after printing. You need to check whether it's come out of it's groove...., if yes, you need to set it correctly, if not, probably you need to change the output bin sensor.

redcow
09-19-2006, 12:55 AM
Listen to Chetan. The flag should move freely up and then fall down.