PDA

View Full Version : HP Laserjet 8000 problem

Cory Decker
08-21-2006, 11:05 AM
I am using an HP LaserJet 8000 for printing duplex letters. The letters have an address block on the front that matches an address block on the back. The printer is set to stop when toner is low. Occasionally, when the toner is low the printer does not stop immediately. Usually the printer will spit out a blank page when the toner low message first appears and then will print out three to twelve sheets where the address block on the front of the sheet is different from the one on the back. After the toner cartridge is changed, the printer rights itself and the addresses match again, but the blank page and mismatched records constitute wasted stock. This seems to be an 8000 quirk, since my HP 8150 does not have this problem and the control panel settings are the same. Any ideas as to what can be done to make the printer stop immediately when toner is low and not spit out bad records?

Wurzel.D
09-18-2006, 04:22 AM
But short of a sledge hammer I'm not sure what to do im afraid! We have an 8000 that does the same thing but, we also have an 8550gn that does the job exceptionly well so we use that one now instead. The best i can suggest is that you email hp (who've probably known about this for a long time!) and ask them. I wouldve by now if i haddnt got the 8550 because its a well annoying problem and if your part of a small bussiness trying to keep costs down it can put a real hole in the budget having to fork out for wasted media and toner!!!!!!!!:confused:

Cory Decker
09-18-2006, 08:45 AM
Thanks for your response and input. I'll have to contact HP and see what they say about it.