PDA

View Full Version : HP-4MV jamming

l.puckett
08-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Hello,

I'm a drafter at an engineering firm, and I am the maintenance guy for our HP-4MV. We recently found it was jamming up. It would accordian the paper as it fed through the fuser. We initially thought that it was the fuser, and bought a full maintenance kit. Well today I installed all the new components and tested the printer with an 11X17 piece of paper. It jammed up with the accordian style again. The next time I tried it I removed the top but left it plugged in. Myself and a colegue noticed the Exit Assembly Rollers weren't spinning. We looked more closely at it and the way it is attached and found that the gear assembly that drives this component is broken. We think it is either broken or the gear attached to the rollers isn't connecting with the drive gear. I have been looking online for a replacement part all afternoon, with no success. I stumbled here and figured someone here could help me. So, my question is, what is the name of this part, and where can I find a replacement for it?? Again, the printer is an HP-4MV Laserjet. Thanks for any input.

Strider
08-17-2006, 01:25 PM
The "gear mounting assembly"part#RG5-1396 is the gears that drive the exit assembly.The"face down delivery assembly"part#RG5-0198 is the exit roller and the gear that fits on its end.

l.puckett
08-18-2006, 07:30 AM
Ok, thanks. Ill look for that part.