PDA

View Full Version : HP 8550GN continual paper jams!!!

Wurzel.D
07-19-2006, 06:54 AM
This printer is currently being an absolute nightmare. The school where it is situated tried a week ago to print their end of term reports through this machine on 'special' heavy duty high quality paper. However, they jammed it with this but kept trying anyway and eventualy i got it printing (slowly) by getting it to print from tray one to the left output door. I changed the settings to deal with the heavy paper to. Now, though, that ive set it all back to its original settings it wont print without jamming paper in every possible place that paper touches machine. Could this be due to extreamly hot weather??? I cant seem to find anything out of place or worn! Please let me know if you or anyone else has had this problem before! THANKS!

msr976
07-20-2006, 05:56 PM
If your going to print any heavy media, I would recommend using tray 1. You would need to use the straightest possible path. Does this media meet hp's specs? The weather could cause problems with the media. Try a new ream of paper. Is the paper being stored in a cool environment? Where is the paper jamming? Is the tray 1 roller having problems feeding it through? If anything try a new roller.

redcow
07-21-2006, 12:38 AM
Don't forget the fuser pressure release tabs. If you are using heavy paper try lifting the tabs.

Does the paper weight fall in spec range for that printer?

Try pulling the fuser and drum and trays out of the printer and check for paper in the paper path

MichaelTech
07-25-2006, 09:34 AM
I agree with redcow on the fuser release levers when using heavy paper.
Check the sensor flags in the registration, and all through the paper path.
Heavy paper could have jammed them.Luck!

Wurzel.D
07-28-2006, 04:23 AM
I ended up using tray one to print the reports before i posted this thread and it did work.But then even with the correct settings it kept jamming using normal laserjet paper. What i found was that someone had reset the fuser kit value before i bought the machine and with the high ware n tare that using heavy paper can cause, the fuser kit had popped its clogs. New fuser installed and hey presto, Printer works! Thanks again!!!:)