PDA

View Full Version : HP 4100 Printer Problem

jperry
07-18-2006, 01:47 PM
I've done quite a bit of searching for a remedy to this problem. Most FAQs I've run into have said this is due to a defective drum. The line is same length as the transfer roller so I'm guessing that the line is from the roller (there are also faint lines on the transfer roller). It is very hard material (can be scratched off). The longer you leave the cartridge in the printer (even not being used) , the more lines appear. I just cleaned about 10 off of the old cartridge. This started happening just after I installed a maintenance kit in the printer. I wish I had the old parts but I sent them back for a core charge and the next day the lines appeared. I just replaced the toner cartridge and this is a pic of the new cartridge after one hour in the printer (in sleep mode). Any suggestions?

http://www.enarf.com/images/temp/4100.jpg

msr976
07-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Are you using refurb toner? If you are, I would suggest an HP OEM.

Brian
07-19-2006, 01:55 AM
Is the transfer roller seated properly?

redcow
07-21-2006, 12:30 AM
I troubleshot that problem last year. Every cartridge that we put in worked for a few pages and then the lines came back.

If memory serves me, the fix was laser/scanner ***'y. I worked on that one with HP support for three days.

Good luck

Strider
07-21-2006, 07:51 AM
Your problem is a defective transfer roller.Some aftermarket rollers have lately been shipped with maintenance kits which smell like solvent and break down in the printer and transfer some material to the drum.A new transfer roller looks like hard,shiny black rubber.When this problem occurs,you can see the lines of missing material from the surface of the transfer roller.