PDA

View Full Version : Labels jam and toner smudges off - 2300dn

sirrahzil
07-18-2006, 12:54 PM
I am using a HP Laserjet 2300dn to print addresses on laser printer compatable 3.5" x 5.25" labels. I open the rear output tray, then load the labels into Tray 1 and print. The label is fed into the printer but does not appear in the rear output tray. I am then told that there is a jam and to remove the print cartridge. When I do this, I find my label printed underneath the print cartridge... BUT the toner is not set and it wipes completely off!! After this, the printer does not seem to register that it has even printed my label and asks for more paper to print another one.

Please help! I have wasted so many labels trying to fix this already!!

Thanks in advance.

msr976
07-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Your not making yourself very clear. It sounds like you got a jam underneath the cartridge and now it keeps jamming in the same spot. Did any labels come off on the first jam? Are the labels jamming near the rear of the printer? If so, it sounds like the fuser may be bad. What kind of error message are you getting when it jams?

Brian
07-19-2006, 01:49 AM
Does the printer know that you are printing a label that is smaller than A4 or letter?
If you haven't told it that it has to print on 3.5" x 5.25" the printer will stop printing because the paper registration flags will fall at the wrong moment.

It is normal that the toner isn't fixed if the print stops under the cartridge, it hasn't reached the fuser yet.

redcow
07-21-2006, 12:20 AM
Brian's correct, your labels haven't reached the fuser yet.
Try printing on plain paper and see if that makes it through the printer.
Are your labels on a 8.5x11 sheet of paper or it that(3.5x5.5) the actual size of the label and paper its attached to?