PDA

View Full Version : LJ 4250 NVRAM woes

Old Coot
06-01-2006, 02:29 PM
I have an HP LJ 4250n with network issues. The machine would not print, and when the config page was printed, it showed no jetdirect or other print function installed. We tried an NVRAM init, but it would not work as the manual showed. We are not presently certified,but awaiting HP to enable our portal account. I've taken the 4200/4300 course, but not the test.
HP told me to replace the formatter board, and I did with a repaired board from them. There was no change after replacing the board. Support said the formatter was defective, and gave me a new number. The new board arrived today. I installed it and performed a config page, and it showed, under installed personalities and options: Embedded HP JetdDirect J7949E and the printer generated a second page, titled, "Embedded JetDirect Page". Shortly after, I tried another config page and the JetDirect option was gone. The NVRAM intitialization still will not work. HP said the DC Controller was good because it could do an engine test page and generate a config, and menu page. Any ideas out there?
bumfuzzled old coot