PDA

View Full Version : HP Laserjet 4+ gibberish

Southerntech
05-24-2006, 09:14 AM
I recently started having a problem with one of my HP Laserjet 4+ printers. One day it was printing fine and the next day all it would print was a string of characters across the top of the page. Not only that, it would keep going untill it had run out of paper, and it would never print the document, test page, or whatever I sent to it. I tried turning it off and then back on to see if that would clear it out, but that didn't work. Does anybody know what the problem might be? I realy hate to lose this printer, it has been such a good printer up untill now.

Strider
05-24-2006, 09:46 AM
One of the jobs in your print queue has become corrupted.Try purging the print queue on your PC,then turn on your printer and then try printing to it.This is a fairly common problem with printers that have had the print queue hang up because the printer was jammed,broken or otherwise hung-up.Good luck.

MichaelTech
05-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Great word! But, it seems you have used a postscript driver on the document, OR, as Strider says, a corruption in the driver and\or document.