PDA

View Full Version : Error 41.03 on LaserJet 2300dtn

mfranco
05-19-2006, 12:15 PM
I have a LaserJet 2300dtn that gives the 41.03 error on the control panel. It's constantly giving this error message. Do you have any solutions to this problem?

Thanks,

Mike Franco

i_love_hp_error_codes
04-23-2009, 08:08 PM
I am having the same issue - says unexpected paper size in tray 2 - have turned printer off and on - checked tray size / settings -all appear good.

when i do a print printer map the pages are printing like it is set for a bigger paper size ie the lower borders of the pages are not there - and it gets worse on subsequent pages.

Set for A4 in control panel and tray.

help!

Big Al
04-24-2009, 06:05 AM
Press the green button with the check mark until you see Tray xx SIZE = and set it for the size you are using. Make sure the stop in the tray is set to the right size. If the paper is not up against the front of the tray it will be late getting to the sensor and will complain about wrong size paper. Do a cold reset if these fail. The paper guides in the tray cannot be set too tight or the rollers will struggle to get it moving and that will cause intermittent problems too.

Another thing that can cause this is dust on the feed rollers that pick the paper out of the tray. What is your page count? Might need new rollers? Any other symptoms? If all else fails you can work from tray one while you figure it out.

Al

redcow
04-24-2009, 11:26 AM
The lj2300 doesn't have paper size sensors in the trays.
The printer is dependent on you to load the correct paper size
in the trays.
And you have to set the proper paper paper size for the tray via the control panel.
Maybe the Engine Controller Board, it has the media sensors, pickup solenoids, etc.

r

cs_steve
04-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Could be the registration assembly...seen a few of these go bad on the 2300 series ...

prntrfxr
04-28-2009, 07:01 AM
If the p/u roller is worn, the flag and roller are not seated properly it may delay the movement of the paper. The printer may assume that the paper is a different size because paper timing is slow and generate the error.