PDA

View Full Version : 4 MV tabloid jam

David Green
05-18-2006, 03:43 PM
My 4 MV is feeding fine except when I'm using tabloid paper. Sometimes I can grab the leading edge and gently pull it on out. Other times the second half of the page tears and fan folds. It happens both with manual feed and from the tray.

Any ideas about the cause?

Strider
05-19-2006, 07:51 AM
It sounds like you might have a problem with your exit roller
(part#RG5-0198-000CN).Also called face down delivery assembly.Good luck.

David Green
05-19-2006, 08:53 AM
What do you mean by "good luck"? Should this be an easy fix with the part you specified or "good luck" as in you're in for a rough time?

I don't know whether this is do-it-yourself job or a trip to the repair shop.

ooojaya
05-19-2006, 03:41 PM
If this is the old old large printer that everybody hates, then good luck. It is generally a pain in the butt. Have a manual on hand if u have to get deep into it. I have found that everytime you replace a part, you have to replace another part. Geesh!!!!!

Strider
05-22-2006, 11:47 AM
By "good luck" ,I am expressing a generic hope that you can find and/or fix your problem easily.I put "good luck"at the end of almost all of my printer forum replies.If you got my return e-mail,then you know that the repair kit I referenced included a repair video.I do not work for,nor receive any benefit from where that kit can be found.I consider it a fairly easy repair,but I've been doing this for almost 20 years.Good luck.