PDA

View Full Version : Laserjet 4P

mlum
05-15-2006, 02:24 AM
The other night I had my printer on and the power went out while I was asleep. The power came back on but the printer didn't. I tried turning the power switch on and off and nothing happened. Is there anything I can do or did the printer got fried when the power came back on with the switch on the on position?

MichaelTech
05-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Have you left it unplugged for a bit? Pull the power cable OFF the unit for ten minutes. {Paralell cable too} Do you use a plug strip? check its re-set button.

mlum
05-15-2006, 07:08 PM
It was in a surge protector strip plug when the power went out. Since it doesn't power on, I have removed it from the strip plug and it's plugged in to the wall outlet for now untli I can figure out what's wrong. I had it unplugged for 30 mins. before I plugged it in the outlet.

mlum
05-17-2006, 11:36 AM
I just notice that after the printer has been off for awhile, when I turn it on the screen will flash and that's it. When I turn it off and back on, the screen remain dark and doesn't flash. It seems like after being off for awhile, it wants to power up when I turn it on.

MichaelTech
05-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Hold down the "online" button while powering on. This is a simple cold reset that may work for you. If not, then it is the power supply gone bad. Time for a new printer!

digitally_amazing
05-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Whew! That also happened to me a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, my printer won't work anymore. So I purchased another printer. I hope this will not be your plight.